Question: Haben Sie einene festen Freund? Haben Sie einen Mann? Wie hesst er?
Jane: Nein, nein, nein! Keiner vom oben!
For those of you unfortunate souls who missed out on my fun and exciting German class (which is now finished until January!), our 'final exam' consisted of: appreciating the delicious German goodies we feasted on, and orally (don't be aroused, aj) responding to a variety of questions. 'Luckily,' my question was about my significant other. Or lack thereof.
Due to my limited command of the German language (i.e., inability to communicate even the simplest notions), i was unable to explain to the class that i'm temporarily single, by choice, because it's fun. For a brief moment i was worried that my classmates would think that i'm a lesbian. But then i thought, oh well! Because the other students can be summed up nicely in few words:
-girl who's bf is in germany and wears a flourescent pink headband to every class
-mom of neon girl who's bf is in germany
-tall, gawky, acne plagued boy who pronouces everything perfectly and reads Harry Potter in class (especially humourous considering there were only 6 others there that day--kinda hard to be inconspicuous!)
-mother of tall, gawky boy who also has perfect pronouciation
-green-haired punk who falls asleep during class and only wakes up when his 'boss' pages him
-mother of two, who is nice, but can't be more than 10 years older than me and kept winking at me
Well, that about sums it up. Can't wait for class to start next year!
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Shucks, too bad our class is the same night otherwise I'd. Be. There. Who isn't into acne-plagued boys?!
You haven't blogged enough lately, I'm just letting you know that when I'm procrastinating, I really need new things to read. Thanks.
Wow. THAT is one class I'd like to be a part of!
Post a Comment