Sadly, this is not a post about bathtubs; it is a cleanse update.
I have switched to chocolate shakes. I thought vanilla would be more pallatable in the morning, but no. Oh, and i also found out that i should have added more water if i included berries, so that is why it was such a digusting texture. But still, chocolate is the way to go.
After i got that all sorted out, it's actually gone quite well. I can eat a 'normal' meal once a day, so it's not like i'm starving myself at all. And i don't feel hungry all the time either. And let's be honest, i usually only eat one good meal a day anyway, so i'm just cutting out the crap.
Thus far, i have lost 5 lbs. (in as many days). However, continuing on the honesty track, i know exactly where those 5lbs are... they are not lost, they are simply hovering near by, waiting for me to finish this cleanse so they can jump back on. I'm okay with this. Because...
I borrowed my cousin's wedding gown last night and tried it on. Of course it doesn't fit (i knew it would be too small), buuuuut... I can get it ON, which is a great start. The only problem is that there is a large gap between zipper edges. Now, it's not like i'm willing to starve myself for the next 6 months or anything ridiculous like that, but seriously people, i've got a photographer i love, i have a new lease on the job i love, i just got accepted into the class i need for school, i've lost five pounds... With all this fun and excitement, i must continue to nurture the seed of hope i have that i might be able to fit into this dress by the end of June.
(To be continued. Or you can just come to our wedding and see for yourself!)
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You go girl! You'll get into the dress... and if it won't zip, uh, just wear a shawl over it...
YAY for you and congrats on the job that you can keep!
I'm sure you'll get to fit into the dress you love, and if not, maybe you can take it to be let out a bit by a tailor? Sometimes those couple extra centimeters make all the difference.
YOU CAN DO IT! =)
Congrats on the 5 pounds and the job and the class and the exciting joy that is your life! Whew. That was way too much peppiness for me just now.
All of this is super good news Janie! Woo Hoo!!
Can you hear me hollaring from all the way over here!!
Post a Comment