Tuesday, April 17, 2007

tonsillitis, part I

I am finally starting to get better. But this does not mean i can convince the doctors to leave my tonsils in. I have appointments this week to decide when the dismemberment will happen.

To everyone i had contact with in the last week: sorry. I didn't know that i was contagious. I can give you the number for a good surgeon if you want! :S

In other news, can anyone say facebook.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Ack! Once I get a job with health insurance, my sweet tonsils will be removed as well. Blech says I. But goodbye sore throat!

Wishing you the best! Plus lots of ice cream to get you through recovery. ;)

Rockstar Mom said...

Oh lord, is everyone jumping on the facebook bandwagon? I got e-mail, then I got blogger, then I finally broke down and got myspace.

Jeez. I feel like I live on a computer.

No. No . Don't force me to do facebook.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to the facebook thing, and not quite sure I will add that to my list of internet addictions...

HOWEVER...I totally had my tonsils out my senior year of high school and was out of commission for 3 weeks!!

I hope your recovery goes smoothly!

Janie said...

Christine, you should move to Canada-- everything is covered here! :)
Marianne, i'm sorry! i was a reluctant recruit, but it's been so great finding people i lost touch with after university... and high school... and even elementary school! lol
Nikol, waaaaahhhh, he warned me it could take 2-4 weeks, but i was hoping the doctor was grossly exaggerating. -sigh- let's see, should this be pre-wedding or post-wedding. neither is particularly appealing. hmmm...

Jess said...

This is no fun! I say, if you get your tonsils out before the wedding, you don't have to worry about having a sore throat AT the wedding. However, should you decide to wait until after... you will have a legally-bound wet nurse.

I never even considered it, and then within a week, my one friend mentioned it and I received an invite from Ani... I caved.

P.S. Word Verification: "ohhhph," as in "Ohhhhh Phuck."

Jess said...

A day later, I just went back and reread that. Isn't a wet nurse one who nurses children who aren't her own? Ew. Your man should NOT be your wet nurse. However, he should take care of you when you get your tonsils out...