Since I know it seems like i have my head stuck in the sand, or have left the planet, i thought i'd set a title acknowledging world events...
~~~~~
I have had a wonderful summer thus far... Nothing too exciting, just relaxing and restful. My poor husband (haha), i told him i would get a part time job this summer, but conveeeeeeeeniently, the summer has gotten away on me and, alas, no job fell into my lap. Haha. So while my wonderful man goes off to work everyday, i... Well, i'm not sure what i do everyday... But i know that in three weeks I'll be back in school and stressed to the max.
One year. I have one year left until i am a fully licensed Registered Nurse. Eeek. It's quite overwhelming considering how little i know. lol. Hopefully in this next year i will be a sponge and soak up everything i need to know. Please don't come to my hospital and get sick for at least two years-- by then i will be super-nurse!
~~~~~
Okay, since i am typing away, I will take a moment to harass my friend who reads my blog and who i am housesitting for right now...
Before leaving for three weeks, our friends gave us some very specific directions for taking care of their house, including but not limited to:
-No stinky socks or feet on the couch
-Don't wear shoes on the carpet
-Always use coasters under glasses
-Sleep in the guest bedroom (not theirs)
-Don't turn the stereo up past xdB
LOL, balancing between being offended and peeing myself laughing, i told her to stop before we changed our minds about looking after their house! All in all it was pretty funny.
To top it all off, she has adopted a CHICKEN. No joke. There is a bit of a run-down place across the street that has chickens. Apparently, one of them wandered over here and was little and cute, so my friend took to feeding it. She claims it's the best pet ever because it's really quiet (just a few peep-peeps) and cheap (a buck for bird seed is not bad!). HOWEVER, the thing poops like there is no tomorrow! There are two deck chairs out on the porch that the chicken loves to perch on and poop off the side. My friend just places newspaper under it to keep things under control.
My house-sitting services do not include cleaning up chicken poop.
I have not fed the chicken since our friends left two weeks ago. I figured the silly little thing (granted, it's kinda cute) could jolly-well walk back across the street when it got hungry. I couldn't figure out why the chicken was still hanging around, pooping all over the porch. One morning i was watering the garden and walked between our house and the neighbours and found a water and food dish out on the lawn!!! Gah! Evil neighbours with their gated porch! The chicken eats their food and then comes and poops on our porch. Grrrr.
~~~~~
Okay, enough is enough... I must go look for my camera cord that i've lost again. Sigh. A blog without pictures is like... Well, something boring anyway.
I've missed you all!! Now i'm off to catch up on your blog!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh thank heavens! I was hoping you would write today. I think you are going to be a SPLENDID nurse, and I'm hoping I will be able to pick your brain when I start clinicals in a couple weeks.
Also? I house sat for my professor once who had pet ducks and chickens. She also had a fowl that lived in her dining room.
I have never seen so much bird poop in my life! Good luck!
I say enjoy your summer off because when school is over, you won't get the luxury anymore! Tell your husband to put THAT in his pipe and smoke it!
Also, I don't care how cute a chicken is (?!?!), poop is no fun. It is one of the main factors leading to my decision to hate all form o' fowl.
Along with water chesnuts and spiders, I am also very afraid of chickens.
I'm glad it's you and not me!
Post a Comment