Monday, June 12, 2006

mid-chicago-night

I would just like to say that i have tried, many times, to blog since my last post. However, blogger would not cooperate. (I also tried commenting on your blogs and couldn't). -sigh-

Moving right along... Funny thing happened last week. I was text messaging late at night and connected with a kid. I may be cake,* but guys like me just the same! I sent a text to the wrong number and spent the next hour chatting with a young'un. Haha

12:18 Gah. I can’t sleep and I just want my life to be orderly and happy. Beyond that, I have no clue what I want. :S I hope you are having great sleeps. Call me later.
12:20 Who is this
12:24 Oh crap. I am so sorry- transpositional error. I would send you a starbucks card if I could. Again, terribly sorry. :$
[I ignored a call from him on my cell phone while I was writing the above text. He listened to my voicemail and evidently figured out that I am, in fact, female.]
12:26 Lol no prob babe
12:33 You are too kind. And I am too embarrassed! (I couldn’t even answer the phone!) Where is this area code anyway? Shouldn’t you be sleeping! cept this crazy girl woke you up
12:37 No worries. I’m just chillin by my computer anyway… I’m in Chicago. I’m guessing you’re in Vancouver? how old are you
12:45 Yup, Vancouver. I sure picked a bad time to be sending whiny, random texts, eh? I finished my BA 4 yrs ago. So are there other people in Chicago online still?!
12:50 Yep, always a couple people on. that’s cool you’re already outta school. I’m 19 in case you care
12:54 Of course I care. Even though the 7 yr difference makes me an old coug. Haha. I guess you don’t have to work early. When the heck do you sleep?!
12:59 Lol I’m an insomniac so I don’t sleep very often. anyway, there’s nothin wrong with older girls…lol so what are you doing up so late
1:02 Just thinking about work, moving, and life in general.
1:04 fun, fun… where ya movin to
1:09 Just 10 min away. I’d call you to say thanks for being sweet and cheering me up, but my allergies are tormenting me right now.
1:14 That’s alright… maybe we can talk another time. Thanks for makin my night interesting. I won’t help ya keep wastin your texts tho lol.
1:18 Ya, thanks a million. I hope you have great sleeps too. Haha. I’ll try not to blush tomorrow when I think of you telling your friends how ‘cool’ I am. lol
12:19 good luck getting to bed. it’s been nice talkin with ya
1:20 I’ll send you a text sometime when I’m near my computer. Have a fun and exciting weekend! Goodnight!
1:21 night babe


*Andrew informed me (to celebrate my 26th bday) that girls are like christmas fruit cake; nobody wants them after the 25th. :P

4 comments:

Rockstar Mom said...

I don't know Andrew. But I don't like his little philosophy. I think Andrew is a fruit cake.

Shari said...

Andrew is a dummy.

He obviously hasn't partaken of the "older woman" yet.

:)

anika said...

In Andrew's defense -- I mock him mercilessly and he's pretty defenseless most of the time so he tries to get us back whenever possible ...

Anonymous said...

Hi Janie - clearly Andrew is a fruitcake. Q, though. How can you get better when you're already the best?