Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Mighty Neighbourly

Thus far, my day has been crap.
1) I left for work promptly, only to be stuck in grid lock traffic for 35 minutes-- a part of my commute that usually takes 3.5 minutes.
2) Once i got to the office, i set my sweater on the file cabinet, opened the blinds, turned on my computer and checked my phone messages. It's a bit chilly, so i grabbed my sweater. Sadly, the cute little ladybug tape dispenser my mom gave me last spring came flying off the cabinet with my sweater and crashed to the floor. :( I hate ladybugs, but this little gapher is cute; i will have to take a picture later to prove this to you. I was very sad and frustrated.
3) As i tried to jam my arm into my sweater, i ripped a big hole in the shoulder.

I would have been desolate and despondent were it not for the fantastic new cd ani made for me that i was listening to on the way to work. It includes the song "truck got stuck" by corb lund. Very funny. Especially if you picture ani's bf sauntering around his bar saying "mighty neighbourly, mighty neighbourly" whenever he can fit it in.

4 comments:

anika said...

We used a lot of our backs and a little of our brains ...

I listened to that song on the way to work too.

Janie said...

FYI, my day has drastically improved since this morning :)

Anonymous said...

I hope today is a better day!!

Shari said...

If I could knit more than just a scarf, I would knit you a sweater.

Alas...