Thursday, August 24, 2006

i like to eat butter

or "everything-bagels are gross" (especially when toasted and cold)

Here are 70 things you probably don't care to know about me, along with maybe one you do. Thank you Marianne and Nikol for tempting me to waste my free time (and now yours! heehee) writing this post.

Ever cheated on a boy/girlfriend? Ya I kissed a boy while I was seeing someone else, but since neither wanted a committed relationship, it’s their own fault! (and I told them both)

Ever been cheated on? Yup. jerkfaces.

Did you lose a loved one this year? Yes, but only one—much better than last year.

Do you agree with abortion? No way.

What are your views on the war in Iraq? Ditto to Nikol: “There will always be war, there has always been war. It is a constant, and I am lucky to be a citizen of a country [that is neighbours with a country] that will protect me and my family from harm.” parenthesis my own J

How do you want to die? Peacefully, maybe in my sleep?

What is the worst way to die? Scared.

Have you ever been backstabbed by a best friend? Sad, but true.

What's one thing you regret doing? Being ugly to people who love me.

Recall the time you were badly injured: My heart was broken when I was 14.

What are you worried about right now? Making good decisions (marriage, school, job, etc.)

What do you think of global warming? Yikes.

Do you care about pollution? Oh yes! I would almost be tempted to become a tree-hugger, except that I don’t like granola that much and I enjoy washing my hair. But I’m an avid recycler and drive a compact car.

What pet of yours was the last to die? –sigh- my fish, Esmeralda, last Friday.

Do you cry when your pets die? Esmeralda was more of a decoration than a pet. I would cry if Harley (puppy) died, and I cried in sixth grade when my bird died.

Would you ever consider plastic surgery? Nope. I don’t think my world vision kids should go without so I can look different.

What's one thing about yourself that you don’t like? Hm, I’m rather undisciplined.

What's one thing you want to ask somebody but can’t? Will you puuuuhleeeease marry me, even if you aren’t that crazy about me?!

Do you have feelings for anybody but they don't know it? Yes, but I tried to tell him once; he thought I was joking.
My pedestal crush (pc) was asking me about this idiot, brian, who thought I was in love with him. I was like, “No, pc, I promise you, I don’t like brian.”
pc: well then who do you like
me: YOU! (thinking, “why not? he asked!”)
pc: (nervous chuckle) no, really
me: No, really!
pc: (more nervous laughter)
awkward pause… he doesn’t believe me and goes to get more food.

Do you secretly hate one of your 'friends'? It’s not a secret and I don’t think she gets to be on the ‘friends’ list.

Would you marry someone soley for their money? Not a chance. Tempting, but no. I’ve been poor most of my life and it really isn’t all that bad. Besides, what would we do after I spent all his money?! (A)

Do you have a low self-esteem? Na, my mom brainwashed me enough when I was growing up.

Do you usually want things you can’t have? Sadly yes, but more of a “ohhhh, that would be nice” not so much a “GAAAAH, MUST HAVE!”

What do you usually get made fun of for? Short bursts of squeal when boating or watching a movie.

Would you dump your boy/girlfriend if they gained weight? I can safely answer NO to that.

Is it all about looks with you? No, but he can’t make we want to wince when we gaze at each other.

Do you think you’re overweight or too skinny? Voluptuous is better than scrawny. (Oh? that didn’t answer the question? Hm!)

Ever been rushed to the emergency room? No.

If you got pregnant, what would you do? Pray that delivery would be quick and easy.

Have you ever gotten drunk and did something you regret? Nope

Do you believe in God and/or Satan? Without a doubt. I wouldn’t be here if God didn’t exist because, oh ya, He created me.

Do people push their religious beliefs on you? Not so much, I think I’m pretty grounded and don’t usually have problems saying no. (or ‘bugger off’ if necessary)

When is the last time you cried? Last Friday when Sylvia almost died due to my negligence.

Ever loved someone so much it hurt? Yes, but I guess that’s just the way things are.

When was the last time you and your best friend got into a fight? Last night, we were fighting over what ice cream flavour to buy. Then we fought over which bridal magazine to get (very important since neither one of us is engaged… oh, wait a minute, maybe not so important then… oh well.)

Do people talk about you behind your back? Of course, but since I’m fascinating and they’re boring, I won’t hold it against them.

Did you ever make yourself throw-up? I’ve tried, but haven’t been successful. In high school I drank milk and mustard (it doesn’t work and tastes nasty, don’t try it!) so I could stay home. And once I accidentally ate too much and wanted some of it out. But alas, it wasn’t meant to be.

Did you ever try and starve yourself? No, although I fasted for 8 days once.

Do your parents critique your looks? No way, they think I am totally beautiful. But they would speak up if they thought I was wearing something too immodest. (Don’t blame them, I’m their baby!)

Do your parents approve of you life choices? Ya, they tell me that they are proud of me all the time.

Do you think in some cases that cheating is acceptable? Never.

Did you ever say 'I love you' and DIDN`T mean it? I will again quote the great Nikol: “It depends how you look at it. I have loved everyone I’ve said that to…perhaps not in the way that they have wanted me to love them.”
Once a boyfriend told me that he loved me, and I totally wasn’t expecting it and didn’t think I felt the same way so I just awkwardly smiled and replied, “Thank you”

Have you ever been dumped? Shockingly, yes. ;)

Have you ever been used by someone? Ya

Name: Janie

Nicknames: “honeybun, sugarplum, pumpi-umpi-umpkin, sweetie pie, cuppy-cake, gumdrop, schnookum-schnookums, apple of my eye”

Middle Name: Annette

Initials: JAL

Birthday: April 1 (haha, tricked ya!) Please note, april fool’s jokes no longer amuse me.

Birthplace: Murrayville, BC

Amount you weighed at birth: 8 pounds, 9 ounces maybe

Weight now: 120 lbs. (oh? you didn’t mean sans flesh?)

Height: 5'4 and a half!"

Hair color: Brown

Is that natural or dyed? The 2” roots are natural. But the rest is a bit more reddish.

Eye color: Green (yay Coldplay for writing a song about me!)

Who's your best friend? The fam

Name some other close friends: Anika, Maria, Cass, Darlene, Mandy. And let’s not forget Nikol, Marianne, Shari, Jessica and Christine ;)

Name some of you & your friend's inside jokes: They wouldn’t be “inside” if I told everyone. Duh.

Do you have any friends in other states? Ya, Deanna and SuMin.

Which friends do you hangout with the most? Manika deBaad

Which friends don’t you hangout with a lot? The ones that drive me to drink

Got any siblings? 2 sisters, 2 step brothers, 2 half sisters.

What are their names? Karen, Lisa, Trevor, Chris, Steph, Christina (chris and chris are not directly related; opposite sides of the fam, we never confuse the two)

Are you oldest, youngest, or in the middlest? I am the baby of the clan I grew up with, but smack dab in the middle of dad’s girls.

Do you often fight with your siblings? No, we’re a little past that now. We actually get along really great and have tonnes of fun.

Do you get along with your parents? Yes, they are absolutely amazing and I love them to bits.

Do you spend more time with family or friends? It’s a toss up

Who’s your favorite relative? We’re allowed favourites?! Why didn’t someone tell me sooner?

Who's your least favorite relative? You know who you are, scumbag. haha

Which family member are you closest to? My sisters and my mom.

Which relative do you hardly ever see? The ones who work in India.

What's your faith? Christian

Do you practice your religion? Yes

Do you believe in ghosts and the paranormal? Sure.

Do you believe in heaven and hell? Absolutely

Do you believe in Ouija boards? I believe enough to stay the freak away from them.

Do you approve of witchcraft/magic? Approve? Like of David Copperfield? Nope, he’s too tricky and creepy for me. And I was glad when the wicked witch of the west melted.

Do you often attend church? Yes, pretty much every week, but more because I enjoy it than because I think I should.

Do you believe in angels and/or demons? Certainly.

Do you believe spells/magic actually work? They can, yes.

Do you believe in love at first sight? I think that definition of love is not the same as my understanding, but okay.

First kiss: Dustin, 7th grade

First friend: Besides my relatives, probably Shandelle in kindergarten.

First vacation: California because we had fam there.

First memory: Playing outside. (Who keeps track of these things?!)

First crush: Khalil in kindgergarten (it was a busy year)

Last person you hugged: Karen

Last book you read: The Undomestic Goddess

Last laugh: This morning on the phone to my sister

Last time you were angry: Mad enough to spit? Hm, can’t remember.

Last kiss: Two very long weeks ago

Set something onfire: Do candles count? Last week.

Done something illegal: Daily. (What do they expect when they set the speed limits so low, right Mare?)

Traveled out of your country: Yep… US, Mexico, England, India, Holland, Switzerland, France, Italy, Korea, Singapore, Thailand. Next up: Australia?

Fell up the stairs: Not when anyone was looking. In high school I was cool enough to tumble down a flight of steps, but thankfully it was between class, so only two people witnessed the spectacle.

What's your dream job? To do relief and development work.

What's your goal right now? Figure out what I’m going to do for the next 26 years of my life.

Did any of your dreams ever come true? Sure, once I dreamed that I ate chocolate ice cream, and then the next day I ate chocolate ice cream.

What did you want to be when you grew up when you were little? A lawyer (go Christine!)

Describe your dream house: One level, big windows, huge yard.

When you were little, what was your favorite show? The A-Team and McGyver

Favorite place to shop? I’m not a huge fan of shopping—probably due to the fact that I rarely have excessive amounts of extra cash to spend.

Did you have a blanket/stuffed animal you took everywhere? No, my thumb sufficed

Did you wear alot of plastic jewelry? Not so much.

Did you get up early just to watch Saturday morning cartoons? We didn’t have tv until I was probably 11 or 12.

Were you always outside? I guess… we lived right beside the school yard, so we were there lots. Although one of my earlier memories is of us three sisters dancing around the living room with our mom to blaring music. And things like making cookies, etc. I live in BC people, unless you want to look like a prune, you can only spend so much time outside!

Who were your best friends? Shandelle, Tammy (when we weren’t spitting mad at each other), Holly, and whoever else was the pick of the month.

Who were your enemies? Anybody who was mean to my siblings or friends. And goody-goodies. Hm, oh ya, same as now.

What emotion are you feeling right now? Excited to go see JM (and my little nephew this weekend!). Stressed about work. Depressed about money. Happy about life in general.

What are your weaknesses? I might sometimes accidentally be stubborn, unsubtle, and procrastinate.

What are your strengths? I try to be loyal, loving and generous.

Describe your personality in five words: You are such a miracle!

Are there any songs that make you cry? Ya, probably.

When was the last time you were extremely happy? Today.

Are you depressed and/or suicidal? No. I mean I have lots of down times, just like everyone else, but most of the time things are pretty good.

What's your outlook on life? Be content with what you have, but always work at reaching your full potential—and more.

Are you happy with your life? Yes, very. There are so many awesome things that I have to be thankful for: family, friends, health, home, car, job. It’s good times, I tell ya.

What's your motto? Hakuna Matata...?

5 comments:

Jess said...

I am reading Undomestic Goddess right now! More and more, we are twins.

Christine said...

You are the cutest. And ALSO one of my best friends is also an April Fool baby. I just love me the fools ;)

Shari said...

Okay, I can beat Jessica and Christine!

I just read Undomestic Goddess AND my good friend's daughter is an April Fool's baby.

You know how Canada celebrates all their holidays on weird days (read: non-American holiday days) -When do you celebrate April Fool's Day.....March 23?

Ha! Ha!

anika said...

Oh ya, well beat THIS: I saved the day at her last birthday.

AND. Both Janie and I are domestic (we are, right?) AND goddesses. ANNNND soulmates.

Anonymous said...

You are awesome, Janie. And your comment on my blog totally made me cry. I want to start blogging again ALREADY and I just quit! I gotta give it time, I guess. =)