Thursday, February 16, 2006

i'll tell you what i want...

...what i really, really want... just as soon as i figure it out!

Alrighty... (does everybody else find Tray to be extremely dull and annoying??) Here is a brief-- and somewhat veiled-- update.* :)

So, here goes. (Rita, beware, it doesn't get any prettier the second telling!) I am a relationship guru. In disguise. Okay, fine, i'm not. I'm extremely relationally challenged.

I don't know how i came to be so horridly dysfunctional (and, no!, i don't want any suggestions), but mostly it just stems from not knowing what the dick** i want.

You see, dear friends (and creepy stalkers) next year, in July would be the perfect time to get married. That way my husband wouldn't ever forget our anniversary, it would be 07-07-07! See, it makes perfectly good sense. Yes, i should probably get married next year. Now, about a groom...

Finding a fantastic man is not all that difficult. But finding, and keeping, one who doesn't drive you to drink is another matter. I'm sorry, but i think if we are all honest, we can agree that even fantastic men still drive us to drink. Right girls? Right! And it's not so much a lack of options. Although, it's not like i have men serenading me outside my bedroom window every night. Which would be freakin' annoying!

The problem is balance. How do you find someone who is the best match for you?! I have to say here, that i'm definitely not on the there's-only-one-person-in-the-world-for-you-that-you-must-find-to-be-happy bandwagon. In fact, i think there are probably several compatible people and if you choose one of them and both work on your marriage, you don't ever have to worry about "the one." (Besides, i already have a soulmate!)

dilemmas:
Boy1: The ex.
Boy2: The philosopher.
Boy3: The leech.
Boy4: The blind date.
Boy5: The pedestal crush.

I. just. don't. know.

Don't worry, i'm not going to rush out and marry someone just to have a husband before i'm 30. I'm not retarded! And i am quite happy being single. But at some point, it's important to take a good look at things and figure out what direction you want to go.

And i guess that's all i have to say about that. I'm not sure if there is really a point in all this, or why i even wrote it. But there it is. For those of you Curious George's out there, this is why my life is so complicated. It's never a good plan to allow romantical-feelings to develop for more than one person.

Special thanks to Anika, for being so understanding-- and for accepting me even when she doesn't! And to Rita, who gives the best advice (and is happily married! it can be done!), but she doesn't blog... yet! ;) And to my future husband for being so patient whilst i act like an imbecile. Bwahaha...

*Due to the fact that my blog address is not sacred and regularly stalked by one or all of the boys mentioned here within.
**This, of course, is short for dickens. Yes, you know, "what the dickens?!"

4 comments:

anika said...

Compelling offers, all of them ...

Sometimes, my dear, it's just important to keep your options open. All that's important to me is that you're happy. And that your husband understands that WE are soulmates and we are going to live in the same house. And they can live with us if they want to.

Jess said...

Girl, tell me about it! But I have way fewer options than you! Share the wealth!

And Oh. My. God! I SO want to get married on 07/07/07 now!!! Or maybe I'll have to wait until 08/08/08... but that's going to mean August and my hair will be all frizzy. Well there is always 09/09/09...

Janie said...

lol, you girls are very funny.

ani, who'da thunk that our respective bf's would have been upset about the prospect of sharing the suite over the garage with each other?!

jess, you could fo sho share my 777 wedding date... buuuuut, then we'd have to miss each other's weddings, and wouldn't that just be ridic!! :)

although 777 is a saturday, 888 is a friday, but 999 is a wednesday--noooo good! let me know what you decide!

Anonymous said...

Options are GOOD! I think you are very smart for not rushing into anything. Hey, if I had this many options, I would enjoy it while it lasted! ;)