Tuesday, February 21, 2006

i'm so cultured

Last night i went with Mouse and Farhan to the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra at the Orpheum. Next thing you know, i'll be going to see Pirates of Penzance with borrowed jewellery.

Then again, maybe not. First of all, i waited for rush tickets so we didn't have to pay full price. Next i walked in, and then promptly out, of the nasty pizza place next door. (We were hungry and needed to find something to eat before the concert.) Then, i stumbled and almost fell crossing the road. After a calming London Fog at the nearest Starbucks (there are, at latest count, 67 such coffee shops in the City of Vancouver-- not including any suberbs of course), i was ready to face the symphony.

I think it went quite well, as far as these cultural productions are concerned. I was worried a few times that the violinist was having a seizure, but was informed that she was merely involved in the music. Hm. And i must confess that the director acted like Mickey Mouse in Fantasia-- on drugs! If my band teacher had been that animated, i might still be playing my trumpet.

1 comment:

Christine said...

And here I thought Mickey Mouse in that movie was already on drugs! I guess I'll need to rethink all my opinions on Fantasia...